EPISODE 79. Setting goals for the winter & 2021
Last week we chatted about the importance of the off season. We want to make sure we take time off to recover between major training blocks. However, a lot of athletes can get trapped in the all or nothing approach of training. I can’t train? Okay I will run zero miles per week. Or I don’t want to take time off, I am going to continue to train hard! We want to make sure we find a happy medium and set some goals for this winter
- Winter can be a tough time for training: why?
What are some things that can you help stay on track?
What do you not like about it?
- Do you ever feel like there isn’t enough time or motivation during the offseason?
- What are some goals you can set to help you stay on track?
- When should you start thinking about 2021 races and finding a path?
- What do the top athletes do during the winter months that set them up for success?
- Should Strength training be something you start to add in?
- Should we set goals based on weekly mileage or consistency?
- How do we reward ourselves for staying on track if there is no goal race?
- How do you stay motivated if you are stuck inside?