EPISODE 90 How to find the perfect pair of running shoes
One of the most common questions we get is ‘what is the best type of running shoe’. It is so crazy how many brands and models of shoes there are on the market today. We want to remove some of the confusion and help make recommendations on how you find your perfect pair of running shoes. You may not like the same type of shoes we like, and in fact, you probably won’t but we will be giving tips for how to find the perfect shoe for YOU and practical tips on how to find those perfect shoes.
- What are all the different shoes you have loved and used over your 20 year running career?
- Why have you used so many different type of shoes? Do you think your preferences change?
- Do you think it is 100% needed to rotate through different shoes like tempo shoes vs long run shoes?
- How do you find your shoes personally NOW?
- What are the key things you look for when you go into the store?
- Have you ever gotten a gait analysis? Do you think it’s worth it?
- What if you want to try a new type of shoe but want to be able to return it if you don’t like it?
- What is the benefit to trying shoes on in person vs buying online?
- Should you ask questions on the shoe rep? What questions do you ask?
- Neutral, pronate, etc.
- What is the shoe drop?
- Do you typically drift towards shoes that are similar to each other?
- Is it more about the brand or the model?
- Do most brands have different models that resemble different models in other brands?
- Are there really that many choices?
- Do you think the 250$ shoes are worth it?